On Sunday 3rd November the winners of Gilbert White’s first annual raffle were drawn in the Great Parlour at the museum and gardens. Congratulations go to Mr P. Standley, Ms D. Grant, Mrs L. Hill, Mr Wells and Mr R. Irwin who received the following prizes in order:-
- A wicker hamper of 6 hand-selected fine wines from The Naked Grape, Four Marks
- 3-course Luxury Lunch for two at Hotel TerraVina, New Forest
- £25 Voucher for Bengal Sage & £25 Voucher for Kyoto Kitchen, Winchester
- £50 Voucher for The Fur & Feathers, near Basingstoke
- A Hampshire County Council Culture-all Passport, worth £75, to visit a variety of Hampshire Attractions
The raffle, which ran from May to November, throughout the busy summer has raised £514, which will support the museum in the continued development of its historic gardens and widening range of educational activities, for future generations.
“On behalf of Gilbert White’s I would like to thank the kind sponsors of these prizes for their generosity,” said General Manager Miriam Tong, “and we look forward to next year’s raffle being an even greater success!”
Gilbert White’s House & Gardens and The Oates Collection is an Independent Charitable Trust and Accredited Museum dedicated to three explorers of the natural world. They run an excellent education centre from their 16th Century Hampshire Barn, and their 30 acres of historic garden and parkland are a haven for wildlife. Access to their gift shop and award-winning Tea Parlour is free except on fundraising events such as Mulled Wine Day, when admission to the museum and grounds is reduced.
The Museum and Gardens are open until 22nd December Tuesday-Sunday 10.30am-4.30pm, opening for New Years Day, and then reopening at their winter hours of Friday – Sunday 10.30am-4.30pm, from 3rd January 2014.